Recipe by Marie-Kathryn Baillergea
- Peeled, sliced apples (¼ inch slices), 2 cups
- Sugar, ⅔ cup
- Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Orange, 1 (zest and juice)
- All-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon
- Butter, 2-4 tablespoons melted
- Grease six 8 ounce ramekins.
- Sprinkle apples with sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and juice.
- Cover apples in flour.
- Place apple slices in bottom of ramekins, covering the bottoms well.
- Allagash White beer, 1 cup
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Light corn syrup, 4 tablespoons
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Continue to reduce until quantity is half: approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture over apples in each ramekin.
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Sugar, ½ cup
- Double-acting baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Allspice, ½ teaspoon
- Clove, ½ teaspoon
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Egg yolks, 2
- Butter, 1 tablespoon, melted
- Cream, ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift together flour, sugar, allspice, clove, double acting baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine yolks, melted butter, and milk.
- Fold together wet and dry ingredients until blended.
- Cover Allagash layer and bake for 15 minutes or until a squire.
- Allow to cool slightly. Reverse it onto a serving platter.
- Allagash White, 1 tablespoon
- Heavy cream, 2 cups
- Confectioners sugar, 4 tablespoons
- Orange zest, 1 ½ teaspoons
- Combine Allagash and heavy cream. Whip for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and zest. Continue to whip until soft peaks form.