Recipe by Michael Cecconi
Yields 1 servings
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- 2 oz strained tomato water
- 3 oz Allagash Curieux
- 4 dashes Tabasco
- 4 dashes Worcestershire
- Pinch celery salt
- Pinch pepper
- Dash mustard
- Spoonful ground horseradish
- Juice of whole lemon
- Using tomatoes that have seen their better days: slice in half and squeeze their water into a bowl with the horseradish. Stir together, then strain out tomato stuff and horseradish.
- In an ice filled pint glass build the drink: add the vodka, seasoned tomato water, Allagash Curieux, Tabasco, Worcetershire, celery salt, pepper, mustard, lemon juice. Gently roll drink between pint glass and mixing tin to chill ingredients and marry flavors.
- Garnish with some tasteful combination of lemons, limes, celery, olives, cucumbers, peeled horseradish root, tomato slices, etc.
Note: if the tomato water tomatoes are not too far gone, go ahead and recycle them into the Tortilla soup.
2004 ICE Recipes
- Allagash Frozen Happy Hour – Allagash & Honey Roasted Peanut Ice Cream
- Tortilla Soup with Allagash Curieux Braised Tomatoes
- Bloody Maria with Tomato Water & Allagash Curieux
- Venison Stew with Allagash Curieux
- Drunk Mussels
- Allagash Basted Roast Chicken with Beer Bread Stuffing
- Beer Panna Cotta with Chai Sauce