Food » Recipes » ICE Cooking Contest »
Allagash Brewed Pears with White Chocolate,
Raspberries and Pink Peppercorns
Recipe by Diego Ruiz Brugman
Yields 6 Servings
- 3 bottles of Allagash Curieux Beer (750 ml each)
- 6 Anjou Pears
- 1 fl oz Brandy
- 5 oz Butter
- 5 oz Brown Sugar
- 2 oz Honey
- 4 Coffee Beans
- 2 Sprigs of Cinnamon Sticks
- 12 Pink Peppercorns
- 7 oz White Chocolate
- 2 oz Cornstarch
- 30 Raspberries
- Peel and cut Pears in half and take out seeds.
- In rondeaux add butter and pears.
- Deglaze with brandy.
- Add beer.
- Add sugar, honey, coffee beans, pink peppercorns and cinnamon sticks. Cook pears until tender.
- Take out pears reserve and drain beer in to a sauce pot.
- Add white chocolate to sauce, add cornstarch gradually until sauce thickens.
- Pat dry the pears, in large sauté pan sear the cut face of pears with butter.
- Saute the raspberries in same sauté pan used to sear the pears with butter and reserve.
- Plate by arranging one pear on top of the other and bathing with sauce, décor with sauted raspberries.
- 1 cutting board
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 medium whisk
- 1 Rondeaux
- 1 medium sauce pot
- 1 large sauté pan
- 1 spatula
- 1 small tray
- 6 soup plates with large edge