Recipe by Edward M. Myers Jr.
6 mini bundt cakes
- Allagash Four, 8 ounces
- Dark karo syrup, 1 ounce
- Molasses, 1 ½ ounces
- All purpose flour, 6 ounces
- Cocoa powder, 1 ½ ounces
- Baking powder, ¾ teaspoon
- Baking soda, ¼ teaspoon
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter, 5 ounces softened
- Dark brown sugar, 6 ounces
- Eggs, 2 medium
- Bitter sweet chocolate, 2 ½ ounces finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare six 6 oz mini bundt pans sprayed with non- stick vegetable coating
- Pour the 8 ounces of Allagash Four into a measuring cup and add dark karo syrup and molasses and stir well. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed to soften, then add dark brown sugar until well incorporated.
- Add 1 egg at a time scraping the bowl between each egg.
- Add cocoa-flour mixture and Allagash mixture, alternating between dry and wet, ending with dry ingredients.
- When batter is mixed, add the finely chopped bitter sweet chocolate.
- Pour batter into mini bundt pans using a small spatula. Tap pan to release any air pockets. Place mini bundt pans in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Check bundt cakes by sticking a toothpick close to the center of the cake, it should come out clean. Take mini bundt cakes out of oven and place on a cooling rack for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, then unmold cakes.
- Confectioner sugar, 3 ounces
- Cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons
- Almond extract, ¼ teaspoon
- Allagash Four, ½ ounce
While waiting for cakes to slightly cool, mix frosting in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl add confectioner sugar and cocoa together, add almond extract. Add Allagash Four a little at a time until mixture resembles a thick paste. Set aside.
Allagash Whipped Cream
- Heavy whipping cream, 1 pint
- Granulated sugar, 2 ounces
- Allagash Four, 1 ounce
- Bittersweet chocolate, 3 tablespoons shaved for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, with a whisk attachment, mix 1 pint of heavy whipping cream along with 1 ounce of Allagash Four as mixture thickens, add sugar. Whisk till stiff peaks. Refrigerate.
- While cakes are slightly warm, with a small offset spatula, spread frosting over top of cakes garnish with sifted confectioner sugar over frosting and cake. Take a dollop of Allagash whipped cream, and place next to cake. Garnish whipped cream with shaved chocolate. Serve.