Recipe by Thomas Mosera
Serves 6 (portion size approximately 10 mussels)
- Leeks, (sliced) 2
- Onion, (diced) 1
- Celery stalks, (diced) 2
- Garlic cloves, (sliced) 3
- White wine, ½ cup
- Allagash Curieux, 2 cups
- Mussels, 4 lbs.
- Chorizos links, (sliced) 4
- Tomato concasse, 1
- Parsley sprigs, (chopped) 3
- Butter, 3 ounces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Sweat leeks, onions, and celery.
- Add garlic, sweat for 2 more minutes
- Deglaze pan with white wine
- Add Allagash Curieux, mussels, chorizos, and tomato concasse. Salt and pepper to taste, stir, cover and let cook for 5 minutes or until mussels open.
- Once cooked remove mussels and chorizos. Strain sauce, return to pan. Bring sauce to boil and mount with butter. Season, add parsley and pour sauce over mussels.
2004 ICE Recipes
- Allagash Frozen Happy Hour – Allagash & Honey Roasted Peanut Ice Cream
- Tortilla Soup with Allagash Curieux Braised Tomatoes
- Bloody Maria with Tomato Water & Allagash Curieux
- Venison Stew with Allagash Curieux
- Drunk Mussels
- Allagash Basted Roast Chicken with Beer Bread Stuffing
- Beer Panna Cotta with Chai Sauce