Recipe by Arnold Myint
Yield 6 servings
- Mussels, de-bearded 2-3 lbs
- Shrimp, de-veined 12
- Sea Scallops, large 6
- Allagash Tripel Reserve 16 Fl oz
- Shallots, chopped 8 ounces
- Garlic, chopped 6 ounces
- Leeks, sliced 4 ounces
- Kaffir Leaves (or bay) 1 leaf
- Butter, cubed 4 ounces
- Scallions 2ounces
- Cilantro 2 ounces
- Lime juice 4 fl ounces
- Lemon and Lime Zest, for garnish 2 ounces
- Salt/ Pepper/ Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Ginger to taste
- Combine Allagash Tripel Reserve, shallots, leeks, kaffir leaf, ginger, and garlic in a separate pot and bring to a simmer.
- Scrub and de-beard Mussels, discard any open ones.
- Bring water to a simmer and add Mussels.
- Cover the pot and steam until the shells open.
- Remove Mussels and keep warm.
- Strain the steaming Allagash liquid using a china cap and reduce to about 1/3 the liquid.
- Blanch the lemon and lime zest.
- Sweat chopped garlic and shallots in butter.
- Mix in fine chopped Cilantro and scallions-hold.
- Skewer Shrimp and Scallops.
- Lightly season with salt and grill to doneness.
- Plate Mussels in half shell and top with sweated garlic and shallot mixture.
- Lay Shrimp and Scallop Skewer over Mussels.
- Season reduced liquid to taste lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Finish with butter and pour over seafood.
- Sprinkle cayenne, lemon and lime zest and ginger for garnish.
2003 ICE Recipes
- Moules Allagash with Grilled Shrimp & Scallops
- Allagash Drunken Shrimp with Cucumber and Garlic Dip and Orange-Chili Yogurt Sauce
- Allagash Tripel Reserve Belgian Ale Chili
- Allagash Chicken Gumbo with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage over Rice
- Brats & Saurkraut Simmered in Beer with Allagash Herbed Beer Blanc
- Allagash Chocolate Macadamia Crepes