Recipe by Jonathan Adler
Yields 6 Servings
- 12 - 4oz Medallions of Pork Tenderloin
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil & 1 Cup for Frying
- 2 Tsp. chopped + 12 leaves Fresh Sage for Frying
- 1 Tbs. Honey
- 20 oz. Allagash Curieux Beer
- 3 Small Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Tbs. + ¼ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbs. + ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- Chop 2 of the apples into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- Chop the sage finely.
- Season the tenderloins with 2 tbs. Salt and 1 tbs. pepper.
- In a large skillet heat the oil. Add the medallions and saute them over high heat for 2 minutes a side to brown them. Lower the heat and continue to cook slowly for about 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and let them rest on a tray lined with a paper towel.
- Using the same pan add 1 Tbs. of butter and melt. Add the apples and cook until soft. Then add the honey and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully add the beer and cook for 3-5 minutes or until it has reduced by half and thickened.
- Add the fresh sage and remaining butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 cup EVOO in a small sauté pan to 350 F. Drop 12 sage leaves into oil one at a time for 20 seconds each and remove immediately. Place on paper towels and reserve.
- To serve place the medallion in the middle of the plate and pour the sauce around the medallion. Garnish the top of each medallion with fried sage leaves.
- 2 small trays
- 1 Cutting board
- 2 Large Saute pan
- 1 8 in. Saute pan
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Sheet trays
- ½ size Rack
- 1 Metal Sauce Spoon
- 6 Plates for Serving