Paired with Allagash White
The Kitchen Café
1039 Pearl Street
Boulder CO 80302
Chef Dakota Soifer
For 4 apps
- 12 Maine Scallops
- 3 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 rutabaga
- 1 winter squash (acorn or a small butternut)
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 shallot
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 sprigs of marjoram
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Fire up your wood oven or set your standard oven to high (500f)
Vinaigrette - Finely mince the shallot and pour the vinegar over them. Wait 5 – 10 minutes then add the olive oil.
Dressing – Mash the garlic into a smooth paste with a mortar and pestle. Pick the leaves of marjoram off the stalks and mash with the garlic. Add olive oil until the consistency is like a thick dressing, season with salt & pepper.
Veggies - Peel and chop your veggies keeping them separate. Toss them in a little olive oil, salt and pepper and lay tem out on a baking tray. Roast the vegetables (careful: as each vegetable has a different cooking time) until just soft.
Scallops - Season the scallops with salt & pepper. Heat a large frying pan on high with just enough olive oil to coat the bottom until it stats to smoke. Add the scallops & sear until the have a nice caramel crisp, flip them and do the same to the other side.
Finish – Toss the warm roasted veggies all together with a spoon full or two of the vinaigrette. Spread them out on four warm plates, place 3 scallops on the bed of veggies and drizzle the marjoram dressing.
- Grilled Shrimp with Balsamic Aioli
- Vignola's Roasted Winter Point Oysters
- Grilled Maine Lamb Steak
- Beer BBQ Sauce
- Coriander-crusted shrimp with stuffed pickled peppers and grilled scallion aioli
- Seared Maine Scallops with Wood Roasted Vegetables & Marjoram Dressing
- Steak Tartare with Root Chips
- Allagash White Beer Sabayon