Paired with Allagash Victor
The Reef Restaurant
2446 18th St. NW
Washington, DC 20009
Chef Ken Kaiser, Chef Ryan Smith
- 1 lb all natural, grass-fed chateaubriand
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Tabasco, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 russet potato
- 1 Yukon gold potato
- 1 red beet
- 1 golden beet
- 4 quail egg yolks
- Thinly slice potatoes and beets (1/8 inch thick) on a mandolin.
- Placed the sliced vegetables between two silpats on a sheet tray; bake at 275° until crispy.
- Season chips with salt and fresh cracked black pepper as soon as they are out of the oven.
Spicy Mayo (garnish)
- Mix the mayonnaise with the red curry paste.
- Fine dice the beef; be sure to remove all silver skin and tendons.
- Mix the shallot, garlic, capers, egg yolk, dash of Tabasco; season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Fill ring molds with about four ounces of the tartare.
- Top the tartare with a quail yolk.
- Garnish plate with the red curry mayo and the root chips.
- Grilled Shrimp with Balsamic Aioli
- Vignola's Roasted Winter Point Oysters
- Grilled Maine Lamb Steak
- Beer BBQ Sauce
- Coriander-crusted shrimp with stuffed pickled peppers and grilled scallion aioli
- Seared Maine Scallops with Wood Roasted Vegetables & Marjoram Dressing
- Steak Tartare with Root Chips
- Allagash White Beer Sabayon