UPDATE – 4/28/20 – PLEASE READ
Wow, thank you all for coming out. It turns out your enthusiasm for our “$1 beer for front line medical workers” offer was orders of magnitude beyond what we could have imagined. We’re sorry to say that we no longer have beer to provide. By the time we ran out, we had handed out over 11,400 cans of beer.
Thank you to all of those who waited patiently for their beer—despite our attempt to mitigate traffic with two stations, we had cars down the street (and sometimes beyond) all day Monday. On top of that, the donations of sixty-six generous people online made it so that not a single medical first responder had to pay for their beer. You’re all amazing. So while we’re very sorry to have to end this offer sooner than expected, we’re sending a huge “thank you” to all of those front-line who weren’t able to make it out to the brewery, and hope the many, many who did stop by enjoy their beer. You are all our heroes.
ORIGINAL POST – 4/24/20
As a small way of giving back to the medical professionals and first responders in our community, we’re holding a week-long, beer-filled “thank you.” From Mon. April 27 to Sun. May 3, anyone with a medical ID can pick up a care package of Allagash beer for $1 at the brewery. Honestly, we’d prefer to be giving the beer away, but we learned that, due to state law, we have to ‘sell’ it, which is why we chose $1—and we’ll be donating 100% of those proceeds to Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital.
Guidelines for Picking Up
If you’re planning on stopping by to take advantage of this offer, please read through these guidelines to help us make everything go as smoothly as possible.
- Your medical/employment ID or license must match your second form of identification (21+)
- This offer is for Maine residents only. Please help us respect our quarantine ordinance and do not come from across state lines.
- Based on the volume of responses we’ve received, we may slightly dial back the quantity of beer in each package to help give more beer to more people
- The offer runs 4/27 – 5/3 from 11:00am to 6:30pm, while supplies last
- It will only be available at our brewery (50 Industrial Way, Portland)
- You can only pick up for yourself. (No exceptions to this rule. Sorry!)
- One care package per person.
- Unless you purchase more beer online before stopping by, you will only be able to pick up a beer care package. To order beer, go to www.allagash.com/onthefly
When you stop by
When you arrive at the brewery, please drive through our “Taxi, Bus, and Delivery” entrance. When you pull up at the front of the brewery, show your IDs through the closed window so a member of our staff can verify your age and employer. Upon a “thumbs up” from our staff, hop out of the car and grab your package when our Allagash team member has stepped away to a safe distance. Your slip on how to pay $1 online will be available in the package.
Who can take advantage of this offer?
Gift recipients included in “medical professionals” and “first responders” includes anyone working on the front lines of COVID-19 in a medical setting, as well as EMTs, Firefighters, and Police Officers.
Want to Donate a Care Package?
If you’d like to donate a care package for a first responder from afar (thank you!), you can purchase them for $1 each in our online store through the button below.