Part of our brewery’s mission is to build community. To do so, we donate 1% of our revenue annually and collaborate with a wide variety of local nonprofits who are working to make our community a more equitable, sustainable, and welcoming place for all.
We recently became the focus of an article, with the obvious intent of intimidating us for living our values—specifically our support of EqualityMaine.
EqualityMaine is one of our state’s largest and longest-standing nonprofits dedicated to LGBTQ+ causes. We’re proud to have supported them since 2019—and to be one of many businesses in our community to do so. And we plan to continue to support them, and organizations like them, that are making our state a more welcoming place.
We also take pride in the hard work we’ve put in to support our entire community through long-standing partnerships with other non-profit organizations. Some of those initiatives include:
- Over the last ten years, we’ve given over $250k to help end childhood hunger here in Maine, by supporting organizations like: Full Plates Full Potential, the Locker Project, Falmouth Food Pantry and more.
- We’ve sponsored a Pediatric Nursing Scholarship at Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital since 2012—and we’ve given well over $500k in that time.
Some of the more recent initiatives we’ve been a part of include:
- Aiding the Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association’s Working Waterfront Support Fund, to help with coastal communities affected by historic flooding.
- Raising funds for victims of the mass shooting in Lewiston by supporting Maine Community Foundation.
- Offering paid volunteer time to our employees—this past year alone, our employees spent 1,322 hours enriching our community.
Living our values is who we are as a certified B Corp. It’s why we’ll continue to give back 1% of our revenue to organizations like EqualityMaine and many others—to make where we live that much better for everyone.